We often get asked, “What types of guys make a good donor?” At Phoenix Sperm Bank, we are looking for men of all ethnicities and various backgrounds to be a part of our program and meet the growing demands of women and families using fertility clinics across the world to conceive.
What Makes A Good Sperm Donor?
Donating sperm is a great way to earn additional money while helping others start a family, but becoming a sperm donor may be more difficult than many people realize. In fact, only about 1% of all donor applicants pass our screening requirements. This may be because of low sperm count or genetic history of a potential donor that was detected during screening. In response to the many calls we get about donor requirements, here are some of the characteristics and qualities we look for in a sperm donor:
- Men between 18 and 39 years of age of all ethnicities and backgrounds
- A healthy lifestyle including eating well, getting regular exercise, and moderate alcohol use
- Complete a rigorous screening process, which includes a physical exam, in-person interview to review family medical history, and blood, semen, and genetic testing
- A commitment to donating on a regular schedule of once per week. This helps us maintain enough inventory for those clients who choose you as their donor. And donating regularly means more money. Some donors earn up to $1000/month by donating multiple times a week.
- Patience, because becoming a sperm donor is not a quick process. Our screening and application process takes several visits and about three weeks to complete. During this time we will interview you to ensure you understand everything involved with your commitment.
The extensive screening process is done for the safety of our clients as well as your own. For example, you will get access to all the information we gather during your genetic test, and this valuable information could give you insights into your medical history you weren’t previously aware of.
To get started with your application, please visit our website to get started and begin the application process today!